Tuesday, January 20, 2009

America

Today is a historic day and it's something I never thought I would ever see in my lifetime.   Growing up I would hear you can be anything and do anything you want, but I saw it in my Mother's eyes, that we couldn't do anything, there were limitations.  Now, as Barack Obama swears on a bible that he will do all he can do as President of the United States of America and the Obama family move into the White House, I now can truly tell my daughter and believe it, that it is possible to do anything.  This transcends race, religion, and sexual orientation; this historic event is truly a world event.  People from England, Korea, the Netherlands, Iran and many other countries are in Washington because an African American has been elected to become president in a country that used slaves to build this country, as well as build the White House.  So, these countries are looking at us with hope for their countries to make a world change.  Congratulations President Barack Obama, may God be with you and your family.             Enjoy this day because it's for all of us.  

No comments: